[IP] Public Notice: HTML and styled text

Many members on the list are using HTML text when they post here. I realize
that it may look more interesting to post using different fonts, colors and
styles. However, the problem is that many of our readers simply cannot read
your posts when you do this. So, in order to make this list readable to ALL
users, please use ONLY plain text.

If you're not sure if you are sending plain text or not, check the following:
a. Can you make selected text bold, italic or underlined? b. Can you change
the color of text of selected words in your message? c. Can you change the
font size on selected words in your message?  If the answer to any (or all)
of these questions is "yes" then you are using HTML or styled text in your

In virtually every email program there is a way to turn on plain text only.
Since each program uses different methods, it's hard tell you the specific
steps for all programs. I do have instructions for two programs. People
using other mailers may want to post the procedures here. I'll try to
cumulate this information for future use.

1. Go to: Tools / Options / Send.
2. Make sure the "Plain Text" setting is selected.
3. Click on O.K.

1. Click on: Tools / Options
2. Scroll down to Styled Text.
3. Make sure that the box for "Send plain text only" is checked.
4. Click on O.K.

Please let me know if there are any questions about this. Thanks for your
help and cooperation.

Sam Skopp
Insulin Pumpers Administrator for the Week