Re: [IP] Getting Pregnant and having a baby w/ Type 1

I have two children.  My daughter is 11 1/2 y/o and my son is 8 1/2 y/o.  I
managed both pregnancies on multiple daily injections.  With my first child
my diabetes was seriously out-of-control when I conceived.  While both
pregnancies took a bit of work and my sugars were in the normal range for the
most part.  Both my children were born at 40 weeks gestation and my first
weighed in at 5 lb. 15 oz. and my second was 8 lb. 9 oz.  Both were perfectly
healthy in every way.  Yes, I had some highs and lows while pregnant.  One
low was so severe that my bg was unregisterable at the ER.  The doctors told
me I nearly died and I was 5 month pregnant at the time.  Having children is
a blessing and I would do it all over again.  Try not to worry too much and
enjoy your time being pregnant.  If you want e-mail me privately I will be
happy to talk to you further about it.