Re: [IP] Shot-Free Insulin Treatments Tested!!!!

In a message dated 5/6/99 3:54:01 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< I believe all diabetes is serious
 and no one type is *more* serious than the other. Furthermore, I think that
 statements like this (and I know it comes from the JDF -- a major problem I
 have with that organization) lead type 2s, and their docs, to believe that
 type 2s don't *really* have diabetes. >>

I agree with you, in fact, I think that type 1 is much easier to deal with
than type 2 (I'm aT1).  I just wanted to give a little into about JDF.

Years ago, the ADA (American Diabetes Association) was the main diabetes
charity.  There were many people who were frustrated with this organization
because they spent more money on public awareness than on a cure.  Some
people felt that ADA was leaning more towards Type 2 in this regard.  So, JDF
(Juvenille Diabetes Association) was formed and all proceeds were to go
towards finding a cure.

For those of you who haven't been in 'our world' long enough, Type 1 used to
be called Juvenille diabetes.  Doesn't justify it but it may explain why JDF
leans favors Type 1s.