Re: [IP] Disappointed in Minimed supply "rules"

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BE97FF.76EDC060

Hi Sue,
  I am new to this site.  I read what you were saying about mixing the
silhouettes and the soft sets.  I have had the same problem.  I have to go
through Bscientific Diagnostics in Dallas.  My insurance is Blue Cross and
Blue Shield and mini med is not on their"LIST"  I get so tired of hearing
what is not on their list.  Well, bscien. is, so they buy what I need from
mini med and then I buy from Bscien.  I have to pay my copay up front too.
Brit likes the silhouettes better.  She says that they don't hurt like the
soft sets.  I guess because she is firm and doesn't have a lot of fat
tissue.  Any how whatever, she likes them better and that is what matters.
But, she like your daughter would love to be able to disconnect quick with
the handy quick release feature that comes with the soft set.  They won't
let us get two kinds at once 50-50 either!  There is also another little
girl in our community who also complains the same thing.  You know what I
think would be great is if the silhouette could come with a quick release
feature instead of that hard to do at site disconnect.  Brit has to wear iv
3000 tape over her site to keep her clothes from rubbing and she takes 4
dance classes a week and all those wild moves would also pull out the
infusion a little, but not with the tape there.  The tape really
helps....except for when it comes to disconnecting!  She always just keeps
her pump on even when she takes a shower.  She puts it in the swim pack and
hangs it on the shower door.  But, for swimming the swim pack does NOT cut
it.  We do it all perfectly but that swim pack fills up with water.  So,
she must disconnect when swimming.  Sometimes pulling the tape off makes
the infusion mess up and so change out early time.  I know that I have gone
on too much.  So sorry.  But it would help a lot of active kids if the
silhouette had a quick release!!  Could we lobby mini med?  Oh, well,
thanks for letting me rave on.  Tina  email @ redacted

- ----------
> From: email @ redacted
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Disappointed in Minimed supply "rules"
> Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 12:51 AM
>
> Hi folks.
>   Today I received a call from Minimed, confirming my order I placed for
> Amy's supplies. I asked for 3 boxes of Sof-Sets and 2 Sils, as Amy will
be
> using the Sils more and more in the "swimwear" months.  I was told I
cannot
> mix sets in an order! This is due to the fact that all sets have the same

> insurance code, and if purchased in the same order, they cannot
differentiate
> the cost. I asked them if this was not something they thought about
fixing.
> The reply was "No.". So, if I want both types of sets, I have to wait 90
days
> (min. $ amt. they will ship) and again order. If I wait 90 days, summer
will
> almost be over! And I can't risk getting all Sils now, as we have only
tried
> them 2 times and I'm just not sure Amy is too keen on the idea!  Also, we

> have NEVER had any problem getting supplies for Amy - they bill our
insurance
> and any remaining costs have been billed to us and promptly paid. Today
I'm
> told everyone must now pay up front what insurance will not cover before
the
> shipment is even sent. I think this stinks! Of course, she will make an
> exception "this one time" since Amy's supplies should have been mailed
out
> last week and she's close to running out!
>   I guess I would like to know from anyone out there - How is the mail
supply
> order businesses handling pumping supplies? Any hassles? We would only
order
> pump supplies, as her insulin is purchased where I work. What do you all
> think?
>
> Sue
- ------=_NextPart_000_01BE97FF.76EDC060

am new to this site. &nbsp;I read what you were saying about mixing the =
silhouettes and the soft sets. &nbsp;I have had the same problem. =
&nbsp;I have to go through Bscientific Diagnostics in Dallas. &nbsp;My =
insurance is Blue Cross and Blue Shield and mini med is not on =
their&quot;LIST&quot; &nbsp;I get so tired of hearing what is not on =
their list. &nbsp;Well, bscien. is, so they buy what I need from mini =
med and then I buy from Bscien. &nbsp;I have to pay my copay up front =
too. &nbsp;Brit likes the silhouettes better. &nbsp;She says that they =
don't hurt like the soft sets. &nbsp;I guess because she is firm and =
doesn't have a lot of fat tissue. &nbsp;Any how whatever, she likes them =
better and that is what matters. &nbsp;But, she like your daughter would =
love to be able to disconnect quick with the handy quick release feature =
that comes with the soft set. &nbsp;They won't let us get two kinds at =
once 50-50 either! &nbsp;There is also another little girl in our =
community who also complains the same thing. &nbsp;You know what I think =
would be great is if the silhouette could come with a quick release =
feature instead of that hard to do at site disconnect. &nbsp;Brit has to =
wear iv 3000 tape over her site to keep her clothes from rubbing and she =
takes 4 dance classes a week and all those wild moves would also pull =
out the infusion a little, but not with the tape there. &nbsp;The tape =
really helps....except for when it comes to disconnecting! &nbsp;She =
always just keeps her pump on even when she takes a shower. &nbsp;She =
puts it in the swim pack and hangs it on the shower door. &nbsp;But, for =
swimming the swim pack does NOT cut it. &nbsp;We do it all perfectly but =
that swim pack fills up with water. &nbsp;So, she must disconnect when =
swimming. &nbsp;Sometimes pulling the tape off makes the infusion mess =
up and so change out early time. &nbsp;I know that I have gone on too =
much. &nbsp;So sorry. &nbsp;But it would help a lot of active kids if =
the silhouette had a quick release!! &nbsp;Could we lobby mini med? =
&nbsp;Oh, well, thanks for letting me rave on. &nbsp;Tina =
color=3D"#000000"><br>&gt; Subject: [IP] Disappointed in Minimed supply =
&quot;rules&quot;<br>&gt; Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 12:51 AM<br>&gt; =
Minimed, confirming my order I placed for <br>&gt; Amy's supplies. I =
asked for 3 boxes of Sof-Sets and 2 Sils, as Amy will be <br>&gt; using =
the Sils more and more in the &quot;swimwear&quot; months. &nbsp;I was =
told I cannot <br>&gt; mix sets in an order! This is due to the fact =
that all sets have the same <br>&gt; insurance code, and if purchased in =
the same order, they cannot differentiate <br>&gt; the cost. I asked =
them if this was not something they thought about fixing. <br>&gt; The =
reply was &quot;No.&quot;. So, if I want both types of sets, I have to =
wait 90 days <br>&gt; (min. $ amt. they will ship) and again order. If I =
wait 90 days, summer will <br>&gt; almost be over! And I can't risk =
getting all Sils now, as we have only tried <br>&gt; them 2 times and =
I'm just not sure Amy is too keen on the idea! &nbsp;Also, we <br>&gt; =
have NEVER had any problem getting supplies for Amy - they bill our =
insurance <br>&gt; and any remaining costs have been billed to us and =
promptly paid. Today I'm <br>&gt; told everyone must now pay up front =
what insurance will not cover before the <br>&gt; shipment is even sent. =
I think this stinks! Of course, she will make an <br>&gt; exception =
&quot;this one time&quot; since Amy's supplies should have been mailed =
out <br>&gt; last week and she's close to running out!<br>&gt; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;I guess I would like to know from anyone out there - How is =
the mail supply <br>&gt; order businesses handling pumping supplies? Any =
hassles? We would only order <br>&gt; pump supplies, as her insulin is =
Sue<br>&gt; =
Insulin Pumpers website <font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u>http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/</u><font =
color=3D"#000000"><br>&gt; for mail subscription assistance, contact: =
color=3D"#000000"></p>
tml>
- ------=_NextPart_000_01BE97FF.76EDC060--