Re: [IP] Shot-Free Insulin Treatments Tested!!!!

<< I believe all diabetes is serious
 and no one type is *more* serious than the other. Furthermore, I think that
 statements like this (and I know it comes from the JDF -- a major problem I
 have with that organization) lead type 2s, and their docs, to believe that
 type 2s don't *really* have diabetes. >>

My opinion as a CDE joins yours. Type 2 is most costly and most devious. When
"diagnosed", most tye 2's have had it for 5 to 10 years and it is usually a
major comlication (costly) at that. The only "bad" kind of diabetes is the
one that is not under control. Education is the key to learning control and
self management. Sorry, to be so vocal here. We have been "re-designed"
according to the new HCFA "proposed" regulations. We lose money, not make
money, helping people. The Federal Government will limit how much education
you can have, if on Medicare, and the insurance companies are following suit
for those not on Medicare. I am predicting and increase in the cost of
complications in the next 5 to 10 years, and an increase in the use of ER and
urgent care type facilities. So, fewer people will be available to help the
newly diagnosed and the previously diagnosed who develop problems.
Barbara B. ( currently, one of 3 less people available)