Re: [IP] teaching

Actually, one advantage of teaching (or two) is that if you have full time work
at a public institution, you are guarateed good medical insurance.  The medical
insurance plans are large and sometimes bureacratic but they will cover you
unconditionally.(a big problem for newly independant diabetics after high
school, college or grad school).  In addition, the hours (most high school
teachers get to leave at least once in a while by 3:30 or 4 in the afternoon),
make doctor's appointments easy and you just take work home to do.  As for
stress, well, depends on the school, the particular job, your attitude and a
whole lot of variable conditions including the way you define stress.