Re: [IP] alarms and sleepless nights

Sounds more like an infusion set problem than a pump problem.  Of course, the
loaner pump won't hurt anything.  The clog/set problems have steadily improved in
the 17 1/2 years I've had a pump -- the technology of the sets and needles and
insulin is much much better, but these problem do happen.  They usually don't
have much relation to the pump itself although once and a while (for me it has
been about every 6-7 years) the pump itself malfunctions and needs to go in.
Generally, as you get more adept with sets you will have problems far less often,
but there is a certain just randomness.  Every once in a while I go through a
series of repeated needle and tubing problems.  After a bit they seem to
subside.  Could be me, could be my sites, could be anything really.  The answer
is to keep problem solving and you will get quick at ending most problems and the
ocassional persistent ones will be rarer.

Good luck!