Re: [[IP] alarms and sleepless nights]

"Julie Britt" <email @ redacted> wrote:

Julie, I'm not sure what an A-25 alarm means, I have the 507, But even th=
you changed your site, you could still be having a clogged infusion set. =
the A-35 alarm on the 507 means do the lead screw safety test. That will
determine whether the lead screw is turning properly to push the insulin =
of the cartridge and and on through the tubing and finally into you. I ha=
d a
few problems when I first started pumping,actually had to send 2 pumps ba=
but since then, I've never had any problems with malfunctions of the pump=

itself. Sorry to hear you are having these difficulties, hopefully they a=
just a fluke and things go smoothly for you from now on. Sometimes there =
anything you could have done differently that would make any difference. =
all we are just human and the pumps are a machines, neither one being per=
Dxd 1971
pmpg 1997

> =

i've been having a ton of problems with my pump since yesterday.  bg's
gradually got higher and by the time i came home at midnight or so i was
almost 500 with moderate ketones.  i had been getting an a-25 alarm, but =
book said to do a self test, and that came out ok.  i changed the site
yesterday afternoon, so that wasn't the problem.  i later started getting=
a-35 alarm, which means the pump is detecting resistance.  i took shots a=
night and checked bg's every 2 hours and drank fluids and checked
ketones...needless to say mom and i got no sleep.  =

just a word to the mothers out there- i know you all must put up with a l=
and i am in total awe of you...i don't know what i would have done withou=
t mom
last night

anyway, by afternoon today the ketones were gone and bg's normal, and i f=
much much better.  i talked to the minimed people, and after changing the=
again and doing self tests and whatnot, we decided to send the pump in. =

they're going to send me a loaner tomorrow morning.  =

i'm wondering if this sort of thing happens a lot or if it's a freak thin=
g? =

how could i have better prevented this?  has anyone ever had to use a loa=
so theirs could get fixed?  i'm a little doubtful about using a loaner pu=
but i guess i have no choice.  also, what happens if they can't fix it, o=
they can't find anything wrong with it?  =

thanks for listening and any input.

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=