Re: [IP] Getting Pregnant and having a baby w/ Type 1

I had my son 9 months ago today...  I have had type 1 for 19 years...  I had
a lot of trouble controlling my sugars during my pregnancy!  I even had a Med
student tell me that if I didn't get then under control that my baby would be
born without a head.  Well, he has a head, and it is attached :-).  I was
told that with high blood sugars the baby will gain a lot of water weight,
and have trouble after birth.  My sugars were all over the place, maybe they
counter affected each other, cause Ryan was 8lb. 8 oz. and a little
hypoglycemic (which is very common with diabetic moms) but fine otherwise.  I
can't really say how sugars effect the baby cause mine never effected my son.