Re: [IP] Causes of Type 1 (stress?)

In a message dated 05/06/1999 11:54:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< they want her to do this quickly because they believe that if they do the
 procedure soon, the beta cells will be in good enough shape to be
 transplanted in another organ to produce insulin.....Is this something that
 they are trying with diabetics in their honeymoon period? >>

I've never heard of this but I would imagine that this is quite a drastic
measure and that diabetes alone would not justify the procedure.  The
pancreas has more uses than just to produce insulin.