Re: [IP] Causes of Type 1 (stress?)

My mom has a friend who is having severe problems with her pancreas(not
cancer) and they are concerned that they are going to have to remove it, and
they want her to do this quickly because they believe that if they do the
procedure soon, the beta cells will be in good enough shape to be
transplanted in another organ to produce insulin.....Is this something that
they are trying with diabetics in their honeymoon period?