Re: [IP] Low Blood Sugars and Driving

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Sam Skopp wrote:

> For me, although the pump is great, there are too many variables to totally
> depend on it for maintaining absolute stability while driving. Testing
> every couple hours while driving long distances is excellent advice (please
> pull off the road and stop, before testing).

Why pull off the road? I eat in the car, change cds in the car, AND check
BG in the car. It only takes a second to turn on the pump and slide a
strip in (which can all be done one handed). I then sticke the right hand
and get the blood in quickly; the whole process takes under a minute and I
can keep my eyes on the road.

If you got a passenger, you could always have them stick you.

- -Jef