Re: [IP] Yeah, I Won the insurance battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>  Imaginge my surpise and elation when I
> realized I'd won my appeal for an insulin pump!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! :-))

It is rare indeed that this type of appeal is lost if you are
persistent. The insurance company has made a contract with you that
obligates them to provide treatment. A good number of them try to
discourage their "clients" from receiving their contractual rights
where pumps are concerned, however, preserverence pays off. The only
time I can remember where one of our list members was unable, in the
long run, to get their pump paid for was where the medical benefits
were part of a union negotiated medical plan the was NOT provided by
an insurance company, but by the employer or the union (don't
remember which) under specific contract language that exclude such

Our job here is to make sure that the ammunition for arguments made
to the insurance companies is clear so that every person that wants a
pump is eventually able to win their argument with the insurance
company. The details of each WIN and the name of the insurance
company is useful to our new list members still engaged in the