Re: [IP] Causes of Type 1 (stress?)

> In a message dated 4/29/99 12:51:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << All these things, stress, cold, virus, etc.. are the straw that
>  breaks the camels back. There is a good article -- somewhere-- on
>  the web that I've read by a medpro that explains what happens to
>  the beta cells and how long it takes for them to get zapped.  >>
> Michael,
>   I realize this message is a little "older" but I've been
> saving it because it got my interest going.  My two older boys are
> in the very beginnings of the big D and it is hard for me to see
> them having near perfect BG's that go out of whack every so often.
> I get comfortable with the good numbers and then WHAM!  They go
> "iffy" on me.  Until they started the once a day Ultralente for beta
> cell rest, I would see the 'off' numbers a lot more.  One of them
> has been on this regimen for about a year and a half now.  Our endo
> has told us that he has had patients on the beta cell rest regimen
> for a few years with good results.  Eventually the progression of
> the destruction can't be held off, but it's doing well so far for
> us.   If you have the whereabouts of this article, I'd be very
> interested in reading it.  I've been doing some searching on my own
> and haven't been able to turn up anything.  If you happen to come
> across it again or if anyone else might know where to find it, I'd
> love to see it.
> Thanks!
> Kelly

I truly don't remember where I saw it. The best three bets are to do
a search of Medline, Childrenwithdiabetes.com, etc....
Medline link is on the SEARCH page of the web site
Also try the OTHER DIABETES SITES on our LINKS page. There are a
number of new resources there that have extensive libriaries.