Re: [IP] Insurance Question

 >Hi all
 >  Just wondering over all how this works? I have someone working on getting
 >pump approval for me.   I see some of you it has taken quite a long time -
 >months.  How quickly has it gone through for others weeks?   In my case our
 >insurance co. is in Ohio, but I live in Penn. so Insurance co. is Anthem,
 >Penn. is Blue Shield.  The person working on this for me is at our Dm center
 >here in town and seems pretty confident this will go through.  Just
 >how this has gone for most of you, or  do any of you have either of these
 >ins. co.s  ?

Every insurance situation is different, but when I started pumping my
MiniMed rep took care of the whole process. He knew exactly what the
doctor's letter had to say for my insurance company and what "buttons"
needed to be pushed to get things through. All I had to do is sign a couple
of papers and it was done. No pain, no strain.

I would imagine that any good pump rep (from either company) would be
willing to work with you on this... it's their job to know the different
companies and the doctors. Of course, each insurance company is different
and some may not agree without a lot of appeals to higher levels... but let
the pump rep help you get through the maze and frustration. Sometimes the
choice of which pump to get may hinge on which rep is the most
knowledgeable and aggressive in getting your approvals through the system.