[IP] Residents on pumps

Barb B.,
	 I think it's great that your residents are experiencing the pump.
As someone else has already mentioned, make sure you have them do the finger
sticks, carb counting, the whole nine yards.  We did something similar to
this several years ago with some internal medicine residents, although they
just had to do injections, check their blood sugars and keep a log.  Several
of them admitted that they would be dead if they were diabetic because they
couldn't keep up!  What a great way to help them empathize with all of us!
	Ellen, MD, diabetic, pumper since Oct '94, teacher of Family
Practice Residents