Re: [IP] alarms and sleepless nights

In a message dated 05/05/1999 10:15:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< i'm wondering if this sort of thing happens a lot or if it's a freak
thing?  how could i have better prevented this?  has anyone ever had to use a
loaner so theirs could get fixed?  i'm a little doubtful about using a loaner
pump, but i guess i have no choice.  also, what happens if they can't fix it,
or they can't find anything wrong with it?   >>

I have been on a Minimed pump for over 11 years.  In all that time, I have
had to send a pump in for repairs three times.  The first was on an Easter
Sunday.  The next was the day before Thanksgiving and the last was on a
Christmas Eve.  (different years).  In all three cases, my loaner pump
arrived first thing the next morning.  The loaner appeared to me to be a
brand new pump in each case.  All three times I kept the loaner.  Twice they
asked if I wanted my old pump back.  Since the loaner was in better shape I
always kept it.  Once they never asked so I assume that they were unable to
fix the problem.

Admittedly, it is not a good as having a backup right there (like Disetronic)
but they couldn't have been any more responsive.