Re: [IP] alarms and sleepless nights

email @ redacted writes:

<< email @ redacted
 To:	email @ redacted
 i've been having a ton of problems with my pump since yesterday.  bg's
gradually got higher and by the time i came home at midnight or so i was
almost 500 with moderate ketones.  i had been getting an a-25 alarm, but the
book said to do a self test, and that came out ok.  i changed the site
yesterday afternoon, so that wasn't the problem.  i later started getting an
a-35 alarm, which means the pump is detecting resistance.  i took shots all
night and checked bg's every 2 hours and drank fluids and checked
ketones...needless to say mom and i got no sleep.
 just a word to the mothers out there- i know you all must put up with a lot
and i am in total awe of you...i don't know what i would have done without
mom last night
 anyway, by afternoon today the ketones were gone and bg's normal, and i felt
much much better.  i talked to the minimed people, and after changing the set
again and doing self tests and whatnot, we decided to send the pump in.
they're going to send me a loaner tomorrow morning.
 i'm wondering if this sort of thing happens a lot or if it's a freak thing?
how could i have better prevented this?  has anyone ever had to use a loaner
so theirs could get fixed?  i'm a little doubtful about using a loaner pump,
but i guess i have no choice.  also, what happens if they can't fix it, or
they can't find anything wrong with it?
 thanks for listening and any input. >>
 I have had to send my pump in about 3 or 4 times but 2 were not the fault of
the pump.they will send a refurbished pump and mailer to return the old one,
they usually have you keep the one they sent.