Re: [IP] Causes of Type 1 (stress?)

In a message dated 4/29/99 12:51:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< All these things, stress, cold, virus, etc.. are the straw that
 breaks the camels back. There is a good article -- somewhere-- on the
 web that I've read by a medpro that explains what happens to the beta
 cells and how long it takes for them to get zapped.  >>

		I realize this message is a little "older" but I've been
saving it because it got my interest going.  My two older boys are in the
very beginnings of the big D and it is hard for me to see them having near
perfect BG's that go out of whack every so often.  I get comfortable with the
good numbers and then WHAM!  They go "iffy" on me.  Until they started the
once a day Ultralente for beta cell rest, I would see the 'off' numbers a lot
more.  One of them has been on this regimen for about a year and a half now.
Our endo has told us that he has had patients on the beta cell rest regimen
for a few years with good results.  Eventually the progression of the
destruction can't be held off, but it's doing well so far for us.   If you
have the whereabouts of this article, I'd be very interested in reading it.
I've been doing some searching on my own and haven't been able to turn up
anything.  If you happen to come across it again or if anyone else might know
where to find it, I'd love to see it.