Re: [IP] New Insurance Questions

email @ redacted wrote:

> I am still on my dad's insurance since I am a college student.  In June our
> insurance will change.  The new plan works like this:  My endo writes a
> prescription for everything I use ie, strips, lancets, infusion set and
> INSULIN!!!!.  Every 90 days I will recieve supplies.  My insulin will also
> come from them. I have heard that humalog will go bad during a process like
> shipping.  I also have read that strips should be kept between certain temps
> to keep them in good condition.  Is this method of recieving supplies safe?
> I would hate to get my insulin thru the mail and it all be spoiled when it
> gets here.  Any thoughts would be helpful .

I've been getting all my supplies by mail order for at least the last 6 years.
Have't had any problem with either Humalog or test strips through the mail,
but my supplier DOES put an ice pack in with the insulin and sends it by
faster deliveries than normal. They also don't send it late in the week,
only Monday through Wednesday to be sure it arrives here before the
weekend so the ice will last the trip.

Ted Quick