Re: [IP] syringe problems

In a message dated 05/05/1999 12:17:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Also can anyone suggest what to do about bubbles. I've had a few
 suggestions but maybe if someone could let me know what order they do
 things in it may help.  It just seems to take forever to get all of them
 out and then the next day there's a bunch more. >>

Tara,

It may be different for me because I use Velosulin, but I have never had any
problems with little bubbles.  I keep the insulin at room temp.  I never
shake the bottle on insulin before I fill-up.  I pull air into the syringe
equal to the amount of insulin I will take out.  I push the air into the
bottle with the needle pointing down (so the air goes into air and not
insulin).  I then turn the syringe/bottle upside down and immediately draw
back the plunger quickly until the syringe is filled with more insulin than I
need.  Many times I will get one or two big bubbles.  I can usually get rid
of these by pushing the extra insulin out.  Sometimes I have to tap on the
syringe to get them to move.

Marilyn

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #118