[IP] New Insurance Questions

I am still on my dad's insurance since I am a college student.  In June our
insurance will change.  The new plan works like this:  My endo writes a
prescription for everything I use ie, strips, lancets, infusion set and
INSULIN!!!!.  Every 90 days I will recieve supplies.  My insulin will also
come from them. I have heard that humalog will go bad during a process like
shipping.  I also have read that strips should be kept between certain temps
to keep them in good condition.  Is this method of recieving supplies safe?
I would hate to get my insulin thru the mail and it all be spoiled when it
gets here.  Any thoughts would be helpful .

           Cheri :)