Re: [IP] Upgrade from 506

In a message dated 05/05/1999 6:34:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< my reasons for the upgrade(besides expired warranty) are kind
 of petty. i want the back light & a darker color pump to try to blend with
 my appearance a little better, >>

Staci,

Have you ever considered getting a pump case?  I don't ever wear my pump
without one.  I have black, navy, maroon and white so the pump case always
matches my outfit!  I think they are around $35 a piece, a whole lot cheaper
than my coinsurance for a new pump. (Not to mention what the insurance
company would shell out).

 << i recently talked with a minimed rep & she's the one who actually
suggested the upgrade >>
My 504 went off warranty and needed repairs (several years ago).  Not only
was Minimed wonderful about it by sending me a replacement, the insurance
company didn't even question paying for the repairs.  If Minimed said they
would no longer repair the old models this would be a different issue, but
you shouldn't have to worry about just being off warranty.  The rep isn't
going to tell you this because they want you to buy the newer model.

Marilyn