Re: [IP] LOW BLOOD SUGARS

I just wanted to say that I have left work at 7 am to
go home with a blood sugar of 78 at 6am. Figuring I
would eat when I would get home.  I traveled approx 25
miles, and when I pulled in the drive, I "felt" low.
When I took my BS it was 19, I was still coherent and
just felt what I normally would feel like when I was
60 ish.  This has scared me and I now make a habit of
having something to eat before leaving work.
Especially with the talk of the diabetic who is
introuble with the law.       Just my own experience.

Hopee

- --- Jeff Dempsey <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I brought this up at a pump users meeting.  I was
> told that this is one of the 'qualities' of the
> pump.  (personal thoughts) I think it has to do with
> the rate of the blood sugar drop.  With NPH, the
> blood sugar would drop quickly at lunch time, and
> make me feeling like an idiot at blood sugars of 60.
>  I went to my friend's desk after getting on the
> pump and tested.  My blood sugar was 25, but I was
> coherent enough to joke about it, and take a few
> glucose tabs.
>
> oh well, like I say, ymmv.
>
> Jeff

<HR>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1
http-equiv=Content-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I brought this up at a
pump users meeting.&nbsp; I
was told that this is one of the 'qualities' of the
pump.&nbsp; (personal
thoughts) I think it has to do with the rate of the
blood sugar drop.&nbsp; With
NPH, the blood sugar would drop quickly at lunch time,
and make me feeling like
an idiot at blood sugars of 60.&nbsp; I went to my
friend's desk after getting
on the pump and tested.&nbsp; My blood sugar was 25,
but I was coherent enough
to joke about it, and take a few glucose
tabs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>oh well, like I say,
ymmv.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Jeff</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT:
5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message
- ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial;
font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A href="mailto:email @ redacted"
title=email @ redacted>The
  Boylan's</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A
  href="mailto:email @ redacted"

title=email @ redacted>email @ redacted</A>
</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday,
May 01, 1999 11:13
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [IP]
LOW BLOOD SUGARS</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>Since I have been on the pump, my
tolerance for lows BG's
  has dropped.&nbsp; Before the pump I would be
kissing the floor with readings
  under 30.&nbsp; Now I can be in the teens and still
be able to treat
  myself.&nbsp; I don;t know if this is good or bad?
Any thoughts?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>Garry
Boylan</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>