Re: [IP] DUI and diabetes

email @ redacted writes:

<< For instance, a person was caught with traces of heroin and needles, and
she claimed it was her brother's diabetes supplies (finding: guilty.) A
negligent driving case where the man got into a wreck because of a low BG
(finding: not committed.) And finally, the woman who shoplifted three candy
bars because she said she had diabetes and was hypoglycemic. On
cross-examination, she changed her story--said she was hypoglycemic or
something--and was found guilty. I am waiting to see the person who commits
murder claim that diabetes caused temporary insanity, though I imagine it
could happen.
     So is diabetes a disability? Not if you are charged with a crime. >>

This is what is very very sad, both in most of these cases and two of the
ones involving the ADA.  The people in the cases are "using" diabetes as an
excuse.  I hope it doesn't spoil things for us that may really need the la w
on our side.