Re: [IP] Excel Spreadsheet

Hi, Jeff.  I downloaded your Excel Spreadsheet.  It looks great.  I am
relatively new at the concepts of carbo counting and I am still exploring the
intricacies of "pumping" insulin.  I have lots of questions regarding both.
I have not had a great deal of time to try your sheet and still somewhat
unclear as to how the information is used.  I am very experienced in using
Excel and have been tracking my BG's and insulin usage with it.  Your work
seems to go far beyond re: carbohydrate, protein and fat intakes.  I am not
sure where the numbers come from re exercise, male, female, body type, etc.,
found on page 2.  Seems to encompass everything.  Do you include the "snacks"
as part of the total intake?  I did not see any reference in the formulas
that included them.  As far as recommendations, my experience has taught me
that it is useful when putting out a program for "public consumption," to add
a sheet with a text box with a brief explanation at the top describing the
purpose of the program, include both instructions on how to use the program
and an explanation of the numbers referenced in the formulas if they are not
obvious.  I would also place a light background color on the cells which can
or should be filled in by the individuals using the program. Overall, I
applaud your accomplishment.It is a job well done.
email @ redacted (Ken Lacharite)