email @ redacted writes:

<< Since I have been on the pump, my tolerance for lows BG's has dropped.
Before the pump I would be kissing the floor with readings under 30.  Now I
can be in the teens and still be able to treat myself.  I don;t know if this
is good or bad? Any thoughts? >>

It's good that you aren't passing out and can treat yourself.  It may not be
that good for you though.  Read on...

If you are used to running a high bg, an reading of 80 may make you feel
hypo.  This is because your body is not used to it.  As you keep yourself
closer to normal you no longer feel hypo at that level.

If you don;t feel symptoms before you are below 50, this is considered a loss
of early warning systems of a hypo and can be extremely dangerous.  Just as
your body got used to the 80's it is getting more used to the 50's so this no
longer feels low.  If you keep on having hypos it will never get any better.

I have read from numerous different sources that the only way to get these
early warning symptoms back is to not have any  hypos for an extended period
of up to 3 months.  The symptoms should return.