[IP] precipitating onset of IDDM

Well, here I buck the cyber-trend.  I had glucosuria as an infant once,
followup was normal.  At 3, I was hopitalized with a single venous
hyperglycemic level (which I can't find out and my mother doesn't recall) and
the hospital visit was full of normal blood glucoses, then during my 11 th
summer I lost some weight, had a great summer, and came back from a camping
trip in August with polyuria to the extent that my mother and grandmother
(with NIDDM) had me use some TesTape and "Voila" a 10 day hospital visit with
the diagnosis of IDDM.  Came home on 2 units of U-40 NPH insulin once daily.
So I can't say we had an identifiable virus or stress here, but then the
actual "start" of the death of my beta cells is in question for sure.  Maybe
I just had the longest "honeymoon" on record.  It would have been interesting
to have available then the antibody testing that is available now.

Just an interesting tidbit.

Live long and prosper with pumping.  Avoid the Borg, except those with pumps.