Re: [IP] Information category attn. Michael

>reading profiles....not an insignificant number of type 2's

I like your idea of  categorical information on this list regarding type 2's
pumping.  In my case , the Dr. is totally supportive of my getting a pump and
feels it will be of great benefit.
It's the insurance co. who is giving me a hard time about approval of a pump,
even though I fit all of the criteria set forth ,except that I'm type 2.
Before I initiated the appeal process, I called the insurance co. to speak
directly to someone involved with the decision making process.  The physician
reviewer who turned it down stated that he did so because of the guidelines
for approval.  Then told me that I should appeal the decision because I met
all the criteria.  CAn you believe that!!!!! If that's the case, why didn't
he just give me approval and defend the decision, instead of me having to
appeal the decision.  Now they have 60 business days to respond to my appeal
in writing.  Information such as you suggested  could  provide us future
pumpers with a little more ammunition.  No ducks in a row , but you can guess
who I like to have all in a row  and they ain't pumper ducks !!!  :-)

type 2
future pumper !!!