Re: [Re: [IP] diabetes easy!?]

   Excellent advice...once again, this group is paralleling the AOL breast
cancer board, which I also frequent. A recent "dispute" arose over whether or
not people should be grateful for having been diagnosed with cancer, because
it's forced them to value whatever time they do have & to stop "sweating the
small stuff". Many women concurred, yet others were still consumed by anger &
hatred of what the cancer had stolen from them.....But the bottom line is
that these cyber-forums afford everyone a chance to vent their feelings at
that moment, while also respecting that the commonality of a disease does not
guarantee a commonality of reactions to having said chronic illness. If I
were to be diagnosed someday with a recurrence, I can't say that I'd maintain
my positive, hopeful outlook that I maintain today. Likewise, if Melissa's
diabetes & its complications were to impact her lifestyle more negatively,
I'm not sure how I'd deal with that either.
    So whether a person with a chronic illness is simply "mourning" their
loss of "innocence" and what their life used to be...OR..whether they're
mourning being physically incapacitated by the attendant complications, it is
still A LOSS, and it's important to respect everyone's level of "acceptance"
& ability to move on.

Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump-coach/mom)