Re: [IP] what do I do with this thing

In a message dated 5/29/98 11:27:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<<  Won't all that messing
 with my abdomen area effect the pump or the insulin intake?!?!?
 Knowledge is the key to conquering fear!  Thanks for your
 help!                                               -Tonya D.  :-) >>
 You can usually keep the pump on, but relocate the site to your upper thigh.
Often, your basal rate may be sufficient, or slightly lower if you go without
food for a long time. Sometimes, major surgery will cause higher BGs, but
those are easier to adjust as long as your site is absorbing and there are no
catheter kinks. I have had at least 4 patients go through surgical prodedures
just fine.  Sara and a few others here have had some fist hand experiences.
Hope it all goes well for you, Tonya.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted