Re: [IP] School and pumping

Hi Lisa-

How old is Spencer?  Can he tell time and use a watch?

I used to have a digital watch with alarms when I first started MDI many
moons ago.  I had taken only one shot for soooo many years, then when I
was switched to MDI, I kept forgetting to take the shots.  I set my
alarms for 30 minutes before each meal to remind me to take my Reg
Insulin.

Perhaps a watch with an alarm will help Spencer remember to take his
bolus?  OR maybe the nurse should wear the watch alarm???

I did forget a bolus the first week I started on my pump.  I also opened
up the refrigerator door and reached for my NPH insulin and a syringe.
Luckily I remembered that I didn't have to take the darn shot before I
did something really stupid.  It was then, that I realized I was
learning a NEW routine with my pump, and UNLEARNING the old routine of
MDI at the same time.

Becky D.

--
Becky Draper