Re: [IP] School and pumping

<<  I am tempted to call the school and tell them he won't be
 coming in the last 3 1/2 days of school, because he isn't getting what
 his diabetes is requiring.  Any suggestions on what I should do? >>

Hi Lisa,  there's not much you can do with only a few days of school left.
But for next year, demand an IEP or 504 to be written up for Spencer.  Both
are documents outlining services that Spencer needs at school because he is
diabetic.  Include things like supervised boluses, never send him to the nurse
alone if a low is suspected, what his BG range is and what to do if out of
range, etc.  The IEP and 504 hold the school legally liable for providing the
care stated in them.  Schools are much more careful with kids that have an IEP
or 504 because they can be sued for "noncompliance" (great way to use that
word!!!).  I was a teacher before Kayla was daignosed.  If you want more info
about this, you can e-mail me privately.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted