Re: [IP] Darla's site pain

In a message dated 5/29/98 2:16:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<<  I got it in on the first try (but it took 20 minues of heavy
 breathing and drying of sweaty palms), and it HURT like a sumbi**h.   >>

My very first patient (age 13) fainted when we inserted the first Sof-set.
Luckily, he was standing in front of the chair he sank into.  His mother and I
went into concerted action to check things out. She checked his BG while I
pushed his head down between his knees and grabbed a cold wet cloth.  The BG
was OK and he came around quickly.  He had only been using an injection aid to
put injections into his arms of legs and his tummy was a new experience.  I
now have my patients switch to tummy sites during the pre-pump training
process.  We all learn from each other.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted