[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #323

I've been receiving the insulin-pumpers digest for several months now.  I don't always get the chance to read every word but Laurel's words hit very close to home.  And, like Sara, there IS hope for our feelings of confusion, frustration and depression.

For 32 years I've been attempting to do the "balancing act" that every endo (and primary care) has required of us.  In order for us to do that, we were forced to be something very different than what we are . . . people with human feelings and emotions.

When my current endo (who I feel is the BEST <grin>) agreed with me that pump therapy would not only give me better control, but also restore my humanity, I was elated . . . but also SCARED TO DEATH.  This was a new experience with lots of new terms, procedures attached to it.  Two years later, I have never been happier!  I, like so many other D's, deal with clinical depression and take daily meds but . . . I'm Jane again, not just a diabetic.

Laurel, get a good book, curl up like Sara suggested and hopefully, you're able to cuddle with Woody while you both enjoy the milk (and you have an Oreo or two!).  My thoughts are with you.  E-mail me anytime you just want to chat!!!

Jane D
email @ redacted

So, in my so-called “personal” opinion, Laurel, go ahead and curl up and
sleep, and have pleasant dreams, then get up and have an Oreo, or four...and
hopefully Woody will show up to finish the milk up for ya!