Re: [IP] new pump

Darla asked:

>Can someone give me some information on the new 507c pump.  I e-mailed my
>minimed rep and he wanted to know how I heard about it and says that it will
>not be available?!  Does any body know anything else?

Darla:

Here is a section from MiniMed's annual report quoted by another user,
regarding the MiniMed 507c pump. I did not see the annual report myself, so
I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information.

beginning of quotation

"In 1998, the company will also launch its model 507C pump with increased
memory & communications capabilities, and the Minimed Com-Station. The
Com-Station is an accessory product which will link Minimed's pumps (and
once commercially available, Minimed's sensors) with personal computers. It
is designed to facilitate physicians' retrieval and analysis of patients'
glucose levels & insulin delivery history."

end of quotation

Darla asked:

>Can someone give me some information on the new 507c pump.  I e-mailed my
>minimed rep and he wanted to know how I heard about it and says that it will
>not be available?!  Does any body know anything else?

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted