Re: [IP] Re: ruth is right

In a message dated 5/26/98 4:25:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<<  I have changed endos several times and told the last one that if she
 > circles our book, we are walking out.  Numbers are a tool to see what is
 > on in our sons body, not a means of measuring him as a "good" or "bad"
 > diabetic.  He can not always explain what is happening in his body, but he
 > does his best and I salute him for that.  As Michael has said, giving our
kids >>

Sorry to hear that having the numbers circled causes you such distress.  I
need to circle numbers or highlight them in different colors to assist me in
identifying where insulin basals or boluses need to be adjusted.  If any of my
patients are offended by this, none of them has communicated this to me. We
work together as a team to try to get the best control as possible, knowing
that it will never be perfect (unless a real pancreas is available).  You are
the most important person in this team ( or at least your child is).  There
are too many variables that affect BGs, and some of them will never be under
anyone's control.  We just keep trying to help you get the best possible
control and try to point out where you can make the best choices to control as
many variables as possible.
I hope I don't sound too defensive here.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted