air.  Whenever a cold liquid is warmed the dissolved gas must come out of
solution.  It's the laws of physics here.  That's why it is better to have
the insulin at room temperature before filling the syringe.

<<<<<<<<Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 19:15:12 EDT
From: SISchmidt <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Air in infusion lines

I, too, have noticed air with the Humalog. I keep mine in the fridge until I
use it, and have no bubbles when I insert the whole thing. By the time I take
the set out, many bubbles have formed in the reservoir. Could it be what
Humalog does when warm?

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21205