Re: [IP] Totally frustrated!!!!!!

> > Okay, O' Great Ones Of Experience...I need some words of encouragment
> > and some help...I want to rip this damn pump right out of me and go back
> > to those god forsaken injections!!!  I was doing wonderfully keeping it
> > more or less in the 100 to 160's.  Now, the past week I have been up and
> > down and can't get it back to where it was - EXAMPLE:  7p.m. 49, 11p.m.
> > 244, 7a.m. 200, 12p.m. 200, 2p.m. 205, 4p.m. 55, 6p.m. 100 (FINALLY!)
> > and then 8p.m. 55!!!!!!  Arrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!  It is not my carb.
> > counting, I'm not that bad (really) and I am NOT over bolusing when it
> > is high (I do the little math equation with the calculator even!)  WHAT
> > IS WRONG?!?!?   Anyone willing to take a guess at it...my doctor and I
> > have been guessing and it isn't working?!?!?

Nothing is wrong. Be patient. Sometimes it takes weeks to finally
find all the quirks in your basal requirements. These will include
mensus, when you rise and go to sleep, how long from dinner to sleep,
etc.... Just work to isolate each of the influences so you can adjust
for them separately. Read the HOWTO's about checking basals and/or
the sections in Pumping Insulin. My daughter is going through
adolescence & puberty. Thing get stable for 3 to 6 months at a time
and just when we start to relax, there is some other big change that
causes her basal requirements to move around and stabilize at some
new spot. We're getting better at tracking them.  Basically we will
work on one phase at a time for a week or two. Usually night times
first since they are the most inconvenient and dangerous. Twice a
week at the most, we check every two hours without getting her out of
bed. Alternating the hour (odd and even) on the different nights.
Once that is reasonably stable we'll do mornings, afternoons and
evenings fasting, checking every hour for 4 - 6 hours at a
stretch. Then recheck everything in a week or so. This may take
several weeks of checking a couple of days each week with spot checks
on other days, resting from this hassle in between. In the last 6
months, we've seen 3:1 variations in old to new basals. The GOOD news
is that they are nice and stable once again and it was straight
forward to get it done, just took a while. Lily can usually keep her
bg's in target range of 80  -160 on a 24hr basis again.

Hang in there!!!

Michael <email @ redacted>
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted