Re: [IP] An Ounce of Kidney Prevention

Hi  Renee --

>    Thanks for the info ..just more corroboration that early intervention CAN
> stave off further deterioration....Hate to think where things would be if you
> hadn't started on meds all those years ago...Such a simple test, such a simple
> solution.....Makes one wonder if those ped endos who are "dismissing" anxious
> parents by telling them STILL that kidney damage takes 15-20 years to show up
> aren't just being "simple-minded!!"

When I was dx'ed in 1938, I had *no* endo ( they didn't exit back then ),
my "internist" said, he knew nothing about DM, but would *learn* all he
could ( and he did ).  Got *usine* tests ( using Benedict's solution ).  Used
those "new" 25g stainlesss steel needles on glass syringes, stored in iso-
propyl alchohol, for insulin injections. Went in to my internist's office once
evey three *months* to get a "blood sugar" done. Treatment was pretty
primative then compared to what exists now.  And "nows" treatment isn't
really good, now is it?  <g>  BTW, my mother was a nurse-anesthetist,
and approached my treatment with a n *iron* will.

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 )
mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message