Re: [IP] An Ounce of Kidney Prevention

     I have had some problems with protein in my urine.  Back in the mid 80's my
doctor discovered that my urine protein level was 2500.  He immedicately started
me on DIAMOX.  The endos at OSU Medical center found that this helped control
protein loss.
     When the Captopril (ACE inhibitor) started, I became part of the study group
but by then my protein was below 300, almost to low to enter the study.  I have
been on ACE inhibitors ever since (now on Altace which requires only one capsule
per day, like Vasotec).  My current protein level is around 150 mg.

begin:          vcard
fn:             John  Meimer
n:              Meimer;John
email;internet: email @ redacted