Re: Re: [IP] Life of pumps

Michael Strong:

The 7.2 unit test being talked about is actually called the "Lead Screw
Rotation Test". It is specifically for the MiniMed pump.

The idea here is to make sure that the lead screw makes one complete turn
while delivering 7.2 units of insulin. You watch the lead screw while doing
this test to make sure it rotates completely.

The lead screw is the part of the MM pump which moves the driver arms
attached to the reservoir plunger. (This kind of sounds like "the leg
bone's connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone's connected ... ;-))

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted

to the e-mail address: email @ redacted