Re: [IP] High blood sugars

Hi Arnie,

You don't say what kind of pump you use.  This problem sounds like it
could be solved by using the square wave bolus feature on the MiniMed
507 pump.

<< I am a Humalog user who has had the annoying problem of blood sugars
rising 2-3 hours
after a meal. I am interested in asking if there is any reason why this
should happen more
often  after the evening meal rather than after breakfast or lunch. I do
realize that the
content of the meal can play a very big part in this, but for me there
seems to be something
else involved. I canıt put my finger on what it is. You would think
that, assuming the content
of the meals was very similar, the pattern of rising blood sugars would
be the same no matter
which meal it followed. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a
reason why it could
happen this way.
        Also, I have read lots of mail from those of you who could not
make Humalog work so
you are either going back to Velosulin or mixing Humalog and Velosulin.
But I havenıt seen
mail from anyone who has found a way to make Humalog work. There has to
be someone. What are
you doing, using higher basal rates, splitting the bv|Ŭafter the meal?
Arnie >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted