[IP] RE: Freebies and such

Forrest and Liz,
    I have been reading your posts and believe me I can see that you are
both on the same side . . . . .
    I got a free AccuCheck Complete meter. Not only did the young lady in
Houston promise and send me the meter , she sent it Priority Mail too. I
have been saying for the past year and a half I have been on this list. . .
. This disease is all about the $$$$$$. The world these days is all about
money. You have heard all your life that "Love" makes the world go round.
Don't you believe that for a minute. We have to add love here and there to
help our family and others in real times of need but it is the all mighty
dollar that makes the world go round!
    I was proud to get the free meter I got and using about 300 strips a
month I feel they will recoup their investment in me. What really burns my
butt is toe outrageous prices these supply companies charge my insurance
company for these supplies! If you want to get mad all over again just ask
for an itemized statement of what they charge.
    Here I go again. . . . . I can buy a box of infusion sets (SoftSets for
example) direct from MiniMed for $115.00. This was last years prices but
this is just an example. Healthcor, the company I HAD to buy my pump through
charged $265.00 for the same box of 12 infusion sets! You have to realize
that the insurance company does not pay that amount for them, they have a
fixed amount that may not be but $90.00 but what happens to this "LOSS" the
insurance company suffers. LOL.
    To make a long story short it is all about money. . . .  not your
child's health. Or your health. The more dollars you spend the better they
like it.
    Because of what I know to do and what I know to say, to these people I
got a free meter. Because I had a wonderful connection on this list I also
got the software to download it into my computer. BTW. . .  I called BMC
that makes the meter and smooth talked him out of the $3.00 cable it takes
to hook to my existing cable I had to buy last year to download the
AccuCheck. And he sent it Priority mail too!
    We all have to learn how to use the system. We have to learn that it is
a matter of money. Plain truth. . . .  . .

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted