Fwd: [IP] Lifescan "Fast Take" Meter

Forrest,
How can you say these people are "Taking Advantage"?????  Don't you think they
have been taken advantage of???? I certainly do.  Did any of us ask to have
this disease or that our children should have it????  Where is the fairness in
all of this.  If it wasn't for this disease do you think the share holders at
Lifescan would be so fat????  Don't you think they are taking advantage when
they charge $35.00 for a box of 50 test strips????  Why not give a break to
people with diseases???  I personally am sick of how expensive it is to give
my son the care he deserves.  But we do it because we love him and he deserves
the best quality of life no matter what.  So if we get a free meter here or a
free lancet device there good for us.  I think of how expensive the supplies
will be when my son is a grown man and will have to provide for himself,
where is the fairness in that.
O.K. I will get down off my soap box, but I say good for all the people that
get a freebie now and then.  They certainly deserve it.
Liz (Darren's mom, age 13 1/2, dxd 1/95, started pumping 1/98, MM507)

-- BEGIN included message

I just hope the next time we go to buy strips for this thing, they're not
like $100 a box or something..  Really, overnighted?  was that necessary?
you're getting a free meter couldn't you wait for it?    I hope nobody here
owns stock in lifescan, a free meter I can understand because that will
insure a long time of strip purchases, but not overnight delivery.. that's
just wrong..
People taking advantage of things somehow ruin things for everyone else
(common rule of thumb)

Forrest