Re: [IP] site pain

Darla Morton wrote:
> Could someone please help me with a tiny problem I have had.  I have only
> been using the pump for about two weeks now and have had no big problems
> except for today.  I use the soft sets and when I bolused my supper time
> amount it started hurting while it was delivering.  I have had this site in
> for two days without any problems.  After I finished eating I removed the
> set and there was a bit of blood around the area, seeping out a little.  I
> squeezed on it for some unknown reason and there was puss.  I don't know
> whether I should be alarmed or not.  It hurts right now as well and this was
> almost a half hour ago.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the site was irritated or the infusions set was left in for too
Also possible that the Teflon got folded over and expanded the original hole a
followed by infection. Try putting some Bacitracin, Neomycin or such topical
antibiotic ointment on it for a few days, it should heal well.

If in doubt about an infusion site replace with a new ne somewhere else is
the safest policy.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42 years, MM506 pump for 4.5 years
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted