Re: [IP] Life of pumps

JUDY102 wrote:
> Debbie, My Minimed 507 has 9 lives, I swear.  I don't wear the protective
> covering over it.  Once, I jumped into the Carribean to snorkel, forgetting
> about the pump!  That's how natural it gets and I've only been on it for 10
> months.  Last weekend, it fell in the toilet (to be perfectly honest, that's
> not the first time).  That God it still works and is ticking fine, because
> there is no way I would have told my endo or the reps that it just fell into
> the john.  There is just no way.....It still works.

Trust you understand that the effect of getting a MM wet is that the steel
feedscrew by the syringe will rust? The electronics might fail, but the unit
is basically water resistant. Take a look at the feedscrew, it may need to be
touched with VERY LITTLE lubricant to keep it clear, but I'd double check
with MM before doing so.

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted