Re: [IP] Reyes Syndrome

Just before my niece turned three (about 23 yrs ago), no one understood Reyes
Syndrome.  She had the typical symtoms that are so familiar now.  Flu like
with a high temp.  Within 48 hrs, after my sister gave her Tylenol to bring
down the temp, she went into a coma. They took her to the hospital in So.
Illinois.  The military flew her to Evansville.  They put her on lifesupport
and drilled a burhole in her head to reduce brain swelling.  In Reyes
Syndrome, the body attacks it's own liver, totally destroying it.  It is a
severe auto-immune disease.  It is believed that the same autosomal defect
that runs throughout my family manifested itself it this deadly disease.  It
wasn't for another 5 yrs or so that they understood the disease, and then put
out warnings about Tylenol some how triggering it.  You can imagine the
lifetime of guilt my sister has undergone.  The connection is autosomal defect
leading to an auto-immune disease that our bodies attack our own good cells.
In diabetes, it is thought, our bodies have attacked our islet cells in much
the same way.
Hope this helps.
Judy P.
send the next two lines in a message