[IP] Re: Air in infusion lines

Hi all,

I am having problems with large air bubbles in my infusion lines. (And
it doesn't seem to matter whether I inject air into the bottle or not
before filling my syring.)  I think I am doing things right.  My insulin
(Humalog) is kept at room temperature.  I always make sure there are no
bubbles in the syringe before I connect the infusion set and then I
prime the line with insulin.  I check the luer lock connection as well.
Today as I was going to bolus my lunch insulin I noticed a series of 3
or 4 bubbles that were 1/4-1/3 inch long.  Also there were a lot of much
smaller bubbles in the line.   I have been finding this a lot lately.
Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

For all you Canadians out there, I had a call from LifeScan Canada
today.  I have been having a running email battle with them over a free
Fast Take meter.   The bottom line is they are sending me a freebie,  If
you want more info email me directly at:  pd'email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted