Re: GEHA coverage was (Re: [IP] Going on pump...one of these days.)

<< GEHA is one of the Federal Employees Health Benefit Plans ( FEHBP ) that
 Clinton tried to get instituted for eveybody.  It covers about everything you
 imagine, and a few thing you can't.  <g>

John, we have GEHA too.  BE SURE your doctor finds a way to describe you as a
"brittle diabetic".  We were told that is the only way they will cover the
pump.  If you're not "brittle", then a pump "isn't necessary".

It took us over a month to get approved.  We had to get a "yep, she's brittle"
letter from the endo, send 2 month's worth of BG's, and a few other things the
doctor had to provide (not sure what).  Finally, they agreed on a 6 week
rental.  At the end of 6 weeks, if we still want one, they'll pay for a pump.
80%/20% after a $175 deductible.  (I assume you have high option?  If not,
they may pay less.)

Let me know if you need further information about GEHA and their coverage.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted